Valid from March 1st, 2023
When we use the terms “we”, “us” or “our” we refer to Dreamfora and “Our Group” means entities controlling, controlled by or under common control with Dreamfora.
You have various rights in respect to our use of your Personal Information as set out in the ‘Your Rights’ section below. Two of the fundamental rights to be aware of are that you may:
- 1.ask us to stop using your Personal Information for direct-marketing by email or push notification. If you exercise this right, we will stop using your Personal Information in this regard; and
- 2.ask us to consider any valid objections you have to our use of your Personal Information where we process your Personal Information on the basis of our, or a third party's, legitimate interests.
We process certain information about you when you visit or use our service provided by our Site or App (“Dreamfora Service”). Some of that information may enable you to be identifiable (“Personal Information”).
3. What Personal Information do we collect from you?
Information you submit to us
Visiting our Site or using our App without registration
- •Technical Information (see “Technical and Statistical Information section”)
If you register with us via our Site or App
- •Username, Email address and password
- •Types of goal interests that you indicate through your use of the Site or App.
If you sign in via Social Media such as Facebook or Google
- •If you sign into our Site or App via Facebook, we will collect your Facebook ID, email address, profile photo and you have the option to allow us to collect the names of your Facebook friends. This is restricted to Facebook friends who use the Dreamfora Service and have allowed Dreamfora to see their list of Facebook friends.
- •If you sign into our Site or App via Google, we will collect your Google ID, name, profile photo and e-mail address.
If you complete your profile
- •Personal Information you provide including your photo, username, location and biography.
If you use the Premium Service
- •If you subscribe to the Premium Service from our App you will need to submit your payment information to Google Inc. and/or Apple Inc. and such information will be used and managed by them in accordance with their own privacy policies as linked below.
- Apple: https://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/en-ww/
If you post content or comments
- •Any Personal Information included in any of your posts, comments or other submissions will be collected and processed by Dreamfora.
If you use the messaging function
- •Contact information of others may be collected, either through your phone contacts if you select "Choose friends from your phone" or from Facebook if you select "Invite your friends via Facebook".
- •If you choose to "Invite friends via email", we will request an email address, so we can determine if the other person is a registered user and connect you on the Dreamfora Service.
- •Any Personal Information contained within a message will be processed by Dreamfora.
- •Any messages reported as abusive or harmful will be directed to our staff to evaluate the report.
If you participate in user interviews, surveys or beta testing groups
- •Your screen may be recorded as you are using the test version of the App. This will only record your screen whilst you are using the Dreamfora Beta App.
- •We will collect feedback from you about your use of the App and this may include Personal Information.
- •If you help us by completing a user interview then we may collect Personal Information as part of this process which you volunteer as part of the interview.
If you enter a contest
- •If you go on to win a competition we may need your postal address in order to send you potential prizes.
If you attend a Dreamfora event
- •If you attend a Dreamfora event in person then, as part of registration for the event, we will collect one or more of your:
- Email Address
- Dreamfora User ID
- Phone Number
- •Photographs may be taken of you if you attend a Dreamfora event
If you contact us
- •Name, phone number or email address and any other Personal Information you provide to us in the course of our communication.
Automatically Collected Information
Technical and Statistical Information
- •The internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the internet and geographical location determined from such;
- •Your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, device information such as operating system and platform (as applicable to the device you are using);
- •Information about your visit to our Site, the path that you take through and from our Site (including date and time); pages that you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page; and
- •In the case of our App, information about your use of our App and the country you are connected from.
5. How do we use Personal Information collected from you?
We, or third-party data processors acting on our behalf, use the Personal Information we collect from you in the following ways: To provide, develop, maintain, tailor and improve the Dreamfora Service and any other services that we operate
For example, we might use your Personal Information to:
- •verify your identity;
- •allow access to the Site and App;
- •facilitate the access and amendment of registration information;
- •store information about preferences;
- •customize the content on the Site and App in order to provide a more suitable, enriching and improved user experience for you, including the online advertising displayed on the Dreamfora Service;
- •enable users to participate in competitions and promotions;
- •transmit notices relating to the Dreamfora Service and deliver prizes and products to you; and
- •ensure security of the Site and App.
For example, we might use your Personal Information to:
- •monitor the number of users using the Site and App in certain geographical locations;
- •monitor use of the Dreamfora Service in order to understand how it is used and to understand how we can improve the Dreamfora Service;
- •select participants for user interviews or testing conducted by us or other trusted partners; or
- •provide advertisers, information providers and service providers with information on the types of advertisements and information which can or should be displayed or provided to you through the Dreamfora Service.
For example, we might use your Personal Information to:
- •promote safety and security on Dreamfora Service to protect you and your Personal Information;
- •protect users of the Dreamfora Service and Our Group against threats such as fraud or cyber-attacks.
For example, we might use your Personal Information to:
- •contact you from time to time with material that we think may be of interest to you, unless you ask us not to; or
- •advertise or promote new functions, events or news by sending notifications or e-mail newsletters to you.
To communicate with you
We may use your contact details to communicate with you in order to respond to queries you have raised with us.
For other purposes
- •for internal corporate reporting, business administration, ensuring adequate insurance coverage for our business, ensuring the security of company facilities, research and development, and to identify and implement business efficiencies;
- •to comply with any procedures, laws and regulations which apply to us – this may include where we reasonably consider it is in our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others to comply, as well as where we are legally required to do so;
- •to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights – this may include where we reasonably consider it is in our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others, as well as where we are legally required to do so;
- •if you contact us on social media, to monitor your interactions with us and our brand online, where it is in our legitimate interests to do so for market research and for planning future marketing campaigns; or
- •if we use your photograph or video footage from an event, to amplify the event to a broader audience and for internal presentation purposes, where it is in our legitimate interests for marketing and business development purposes or where we have your consent.
We will anonymize the aggregate data collected through the Dreamfora Service and use and disclose it for any business purpose. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymized details we disclose for these purposes.
6. Who do we share your Personal Information with?Group companies: We share your Personal Information within Our Group to provide you with the Dreamfora Service, information, or undertake other processing activities as set out above and, where it is in our legitimate interests to do so for internal administrative purposes (for example, corporate strategy, compliance, auditing and monitoring or research and development).
Other Dreamfora users: We share information with other users of the Dreamfora Service. For example, if you send other registered users messages through the Dreamfora Service, we will share the information in the messages with them.
Beta testing users: If you join one of our beta testing groups then your information may be shared with other members of the testing group in order to enable communication and enhance the features being tested. People in our beta testing groups are able to leave these groups at any time.
Trusted Dreamfora Partners: We may share your Personal Information with the following trusted partners and agents only if they need such information to perform their specific obligations or services to us. You may request a copy of the list of these partners by sending an email to us at email@example.com
- •The trusted partners, suppliers, sub-contractors and agents who cooperate with us to provide the Site and App, or in collecting, storing or processing your information for us.
- •Analytics and search engine providers, and research institutions and suppliers, that assist us in the improvement and optimization of, and understanding of the use of and behavior on, the Site, App and Dreamfora Service. For example, we may use Google Analytics or Amplitude to collect and process information about how Dreamfora Service is used.
- •Other trusted third parties, but only with your prior consent or where you voluntarily choose to do so; for example, the Dreamfora Service may allow you to share information, including Personal Information, with social networking websites, such as Facebook.
- •If it is in our legitimate interests to do so to run, grow and develop our business; in particular:
- if we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your Personal Information to the prospective buyer or seller of such business or assets; or
- if all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Information held by us will be one of the transferred assets.
- •To meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- •To detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- •To protect against or prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of Our Group, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
7. Our legal grounds for processing Personal Information
We may only process your Personal Information if we have a legal basis for doing so. This section sets out the legal grounds on which we rely in order to process your Personal Information.
We consider that the legal bases for using your Personal Information are as follows:
- •our use of your Personal Information is necessary for complying with our legal obligations;
- •where neither of the above two legal bases applies, use of your Personal Information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others (for example, to ensure the security of the Site or App). Our legitimate interests are:
- to run, grow and develop our business;
- to operate and secure the Site and App;
- marketing, market research and business development;
- to provide the Dreamfora Services to our users, to provide customer and technical services and to know the users that we are providing the Dreamfora Services to;
- to protect our users and Our Group from fraud or harm; and
- for internal group administrative purposes.
If we rely on our (or a third party’s) legitimate interests for using your Personal Information, we will undertake a balancing test to ensure that our (or the third party’s) legitimate interests are not outweighed by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of your Personal Information. You can ask us for information on this balancing test by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other uses of Personal Information (including participation in the beta program) may be subject to your consent (which you may withdraw at any time after giving it).
If we rely on your consent for us to use your Personal Information in a particular way, but you later change your mind, you may withdraw your consent by contacting us and we will stop doing so. However, if you withdraw your consent, this may impact the ability for us to provide services to you.
8. Where is your Personal Information stored and processed?
We will process and store your Personal Information in the locations in which Our Group operates, and in the location of our servers.
We comply with applicable laws in respect of the international transfer of Personal Information.
Further details on the steps we take to protect your Personal Information, in these transfer cases is available from us on request by contacting us via email at email@example.com at any time.
9. How long do we keep your Personal Information?
We do not retain the contact information you provide about others for matching purposes after we have performed the matching.
We keep daily backups of the Site and the App which will automatically be deleted after no more than 60 days, and a monthly backup which will allow us to keep a record of how the Site appears each month (both of which will include Personal Information) and which we will keep for 6 years, in each case for the purposes of maintaining the Site and the App, and establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights. We put measures in place to ensure that any Personal Information which is stored on our backup systems is put “beyond all reasonable use”. That means that we cannot and will not use that Personal Information to inform any decision about you or in a manner that affects you in any way, or give any other organization access to that Personal Information. It also means that, when you exercise any of your rights in relation to your Personal Information, any Personal Information which is stored on our backup systems will not necessarily be within scope of those rights (i.e. we will not usually disclose it in response to a request for access to Personal Information, nor will we usually need to erase it should you ask us to). Should you exercise any of your rights in relation to your Personal Information, we will explain – in our response – how those rights apply in relation to Personal Information which is stored in our backup systems.
The length of time we retain Personal Information for depends on the purposes for which we collect and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws and to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
10. How do we secure your Personal Information?
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access your online account, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
11. What about the privacy of children?
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from children under the age of 13, and no part of the Dreamfora Service is directed to children under the age of 13. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may alert us by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under 13, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.
13. Your rights
You have various rights in relation to your Personal Information. In particular, you have a right to:
- •obtain confirmation that we are processing your Personal Information and request a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you;
- •ask that we update the Personal Information we hold about you, or correct such Personal Information that you think is incorrect or incomplete;
- •withdraw consent to our processing of your Personal Information, where we are relying upon your consent as our legal basis for processing such Personal Information;
- •object to our processing of your Personal Information;
- •prevent the processing of your Personal Information for direct-marketing purposes by email or push notification; or
- •ask us to consider any valid objections which you have to our use of your Personal Information.
To exercise any of your rights, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
We will consider all such requests and provide our response within a reasonable period (and in any event any time period required by applicable law). Please note, however, that certain Personal Information may be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances.
14. Contacting us, further questions and how to make a complaint
If you have any queries about our collection, use or storage of your Personal Information, please contact Dreamfora’s Data Protection Officer:
- •By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- •By post: Engineering Research Park, Yonsei University, 50 Yonsei-ro, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, South Korea
If you are unhappy with the way we handle your Personal Information, or any privacy query or request that you have raised with us, we would always prefer you to contact us first. However, you have a right to complain to the EU Data Protection Authority (“DPA”) in the country where you usually live or work, or where an alleged infringement of privacy law has taken place. In the UK (for example), the DPA is the Information Commissioner’s Office. If you would like to be directed to the appropriate DPA, please contact us at the contact details above. Alternatively, you may seek a remedy through the courts if you believe your rights have been breached.